2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Friday, October 31, 2008

School Trip #2

Every several months our school takes us out on what they call a school picnic but it's really a school trip with a lunch. This time we drove for 1.5hrs or so to an unknown destination where we had a wonderful Korean style picnic, saw a temple and bought some pumpkins.
The picnic had a variety of Korean dishes and we did try most of them however Angele and I mostly ate the vegetables as you can't go wrong with those.
I climbed a tree for the first time in probably 15 years. I didn't make it very high and it took me a while to get back down but it was still as fun as I remembered it.
The fall season has arrived and so have the beautiful colours of the leaves. The mountains are amazing and a must see.
The temple was one of the nicer ones we saw since they had recently repainted some of the buildings and they had nice landscaping. They had a lot of trees which added colour to what is usually a very green scenery at a temple. They also had a tree that it is said was planted over 1000 (I will verify this fact) years ago by a monk (will verify this fact.) Each year this tree was fertilized with rice wine by the monks which helps it grow and stay strong.

No comments: