2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Costco

Ok! OkOk! Ok! so I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been getting emails and threats so here I start up again.
There is a Costco in Daegu which is approx 1hr drive or train from Changwon and we have done both in the past 4 months. Our last trip was by car so we were able to purchase a little more and we spent a whopping $425.00. It was cheaper when we took the train, $240.00.

Costco in South Korea is pretty much the same as in Canada. A few differences are: The food court serves chopped spanish onions that you mix with mustard and/or ketchup for a beautiful side dish, dig in. They also sell alcohol and they carry a lot of brands from back home that you can't get anywhere else. We have been able to find most of the products that we loved from back home like bacon, cheese, gronala bars, cereals and Angèle's favorite, Crown Royal.

We could also order online from Costco and they will ship the cold products in a cold box however there is a $10 or $20 charge and you have to set something up with your bank to make the online purchase as they don't accept most major credit cards. If you are coming to South Korea and you have a Costco card, bring it. We didn't think there was one here so we didn't and we found out that we could have used our membership card. Oh well. Learn from my mistakes.

No comments: