2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lanterns, lanterns and more lanterns...

Near the end of April, the entire country of South Korea decorated itself with lanterns in preparation for Buddha's birthday. This is a National Holiday in May that changes dates each year. This year it was May 12th.

Our friend Ben found a free lantern making event being held at Hong Beop-Sa temple in Busan. It was an event for foreigners only and it was very well organized. They had a bus pick us up from the closest subway station and it brought us to and from the temple. They also had several English speaking people to assist us in our lantern making attempts and they had everything required to make our lanterns. Did I mention the event was free? Very nice of them...

I cloned the end result of our lanterns in the grass on the left in the second picture. The lanterns are hanging in our living room to add color to our white apartment.

No comments: