2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Moving in South Korea

We woke up this morning to some really loud noise and decided to find out what was playing the alarm clock today. We were shocked to see that someone was moving. It wasn't the fact that they were moving that shocked us but how they were doing it was completely out of the ordinary for us.

They have 2 trucks, 1 is to load their stuff in and the other truck clamps into the ground like backhoe doing some heavy lifting and raises a ramp to the required floor. A shelf moves up and down the ramp as required effectively bringing their things down from the 14th floor to the ground. I'm thinking they bring down the furniture through the elevator though as we saw a big pile of furniture near the security guards hut yesterday and people were tearing through the pile looking for gold, and that's were we found our new mirror.

No comments: