2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

South Korean Malls




So far finding things in malls has been quite the challenge. The malls look more like small apartment buildings covered in signs. The signs advertise what store, shop, school, restaurant, gym, pharmacy, dentist, pool hall... etc is in that building. Most signs have a number on the bottom right and the letter F which tells you what floor the business is on. This makes it very difficult to find things since I don't read Korean and not all signs are self explanatory with images. I found myself having to walk up each floor of a few buildings to see what they had and it's amazing how many stores they can fit in one building.

I really enjoyed figuring this out because I always wondered what all the lights and signs on city buildings were for in movies that have a set in Asia, now I know.

No comments: