2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Ballerina Who Loves a B-boy

We went to see a play called The Ballerina Who Loves a B-boy a few weekends ago and I've been putting off blogging about it because I had too many pictures. I wanted to try and do something cool with them first and I just finished.

The theatre wasn't the best venue I've been to. It reminded me of a cheap school theatre that didn't take comfort into consideration when it was being built. The seats were hard plastic and the back of the chair only went 3/4's of the way up my back (made for smaller people I guess) which wasn’t the recliner feeling I was hoping for.

The crowd was very involved and everyone cheered throughout the play. It made the crowds at NHL hockey games back home sound like nothing. Let’s just say that if they did the wave, everyone, and I mean everyone, except for a few foreigners, would have gotten up.

The play was really cool. There was no dialogue but lots of music and dancing. “B-boy” stands for break-dancer and that’s exactly what we saw, a lot of really amazing moves that told the story. Since you probably won’t see the play, in the end the Ballerina becomes a break-dancer to be with her man, any they live happily ever after.

The tickets were $40 Cnd each and were very easy to get (click here to see what I mean) since a friend of ours figured it all out for us. Thanks Ben!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that must have been the coolest think to see.

I was wondering if you guys have been to the movies at all yet?

Robin

Shani said...

I went to the website, I could see why you needed help!!!!!