2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Police Action

This is the first time we've seen any police action since we've been here. Usually we just see the police driving around or sleeping on park benches but yesterday on my way to work I saw these 2 cops trying to deal with a drunk woman on the side of the road. That green bottle is Soju which is a very popular 20% drink of hard alcohol. The police officers stayed with her for over 1 hour and did nothing more than you see in the picture. At one point the officer helped her light a cigarette as she was yelling at the top of her lungs. We were in our school on the 4th floor with the windows closed and I could still hear her.


In Canada she would have been off the street in 2 minutes and would have received a 24 hour luxury stay at "hotel" jail. She might even have been charged with 'drunk and disorderly' or whatever that charge is. I don't know how this ended because I got bored and I had to go teach. I think they waited until she was sober and then went on their way.

No comments: