2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Recycling

We realized that we were wrong with some of the recycling procedures and we knew that there was a small window for when recycling was done but we could never figure it out. The only time we saw it being done was on a Friday night when we got back from school one week. We have been reading this sign in our elevator and we were almost sure it explained the recycling details and so I took a picture of it and asked one of the Korean teachers at school.

It turns out that every Friday between 6:30am to 9am is recycling time and our building which is 102 needs to take their recycling to the front of building 104 along with building 101 and 104.

This explains a lot since every Friday morning there is a guy giving 1 minute announcements every 20 minutes on the very loud speakers in our apartments. It's hard to sleep in on Friday. I don't understand why they need to keep announcing it. It's every Friday from 6:30am to 9am, WE GET IT ALREADY! Too bad I can't turn off the speaker.

No comments: