2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Beverly Hills of South Korea

We found the Beverly Hills of Changwon and it's about 10 minutes away on foot from our apartment. The houses were awesome and there were some very interesting designs. Most houses had solar panels on them and every inch of property was covered with what I call clutter. I don't think anyone in South Korea owns a lawn mower.

They have these signs posted everywhere and I thought it meant no private investigators but I was later informed that it meant neighbourhood watch in effect, "if you see any suspicious charactors please contact..." no one called to report me.

Angèle says: "I had the opportunity to go into one of these massive houses to attend my first official meeting of the International Housewives Club. In this club, a different woman hosts a meeting in their house every last Friday of the month. Everyone brings something to eat, and they share stories and chat over a potluck lunch.

The whole experience was a little surreal, as most of the women were much older and living in Korea because their husbands were Engineers working on huge bridge projects, or the construction of new ports in Busan. We were only English teachers, making a little money and living in tiny old apartments.

The inside of the house was quite nice, although I only saw the sunroom/livingroom, a second living room, the kitchen and a small bathroom. Security was tight considering the extremely low crime rate, to enter the yard, you have to ring and look into a camera, and then they buzz you in through the gate. The rooms are large and very bright. The floors were marble and heated. They had cathedral ceilings, very modern style furniture and the kitchen was enormous, especially by Korean standards. I can only imagine what the rest of the house looked like!"

To view larger images, just click on the pictures.

No comments: