2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Monday, February 18, 2008

South Korean Police

Oh no, it's "5-0" in the park! Nevermind, they're sleeping.
We haven't seen too many police officers around Changwon but the few that we have seen look more like security guards. They are very young and they don't carry firearms, so Angèle and I are guessing that they are cadets and that they use cadets a lot. The police officers in the cruiser looked to be older and probably do carry firearms but we couldn't tell since they were in the car and I didn't ask if he was packing heat.

We have not seen one police officer pull anyone over on traffic violations, which would explain why everyone drives like maniacs and treats red lights like Yield/Stop signs. We also noticed that taxis have a lot of radar equipment and we think that they have radar detectors which might be part of that problem. We also found a police station by luck but we think its a community police station since it was closed during the weekend and they used a bike lock to lock up the doors.

To view larger images, just click on the pictures.

No comments: