2 Canadians in Korea

Welcome to our blog. It's designed to give people back home an idea of what it's like living in South Korea and to allow you to follow us on our journey.

I've been blogging a lot of facts and I feel I should say that some of it is copy pasted from books, the internet and the signs that I took pictures of at the tourist site itself.

Click here to view my videos on my You Tube Channel

To view larger images just click on them.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spam it up!

Lunar New Year was kind of like Christmas back home. Everyone visits family during their 5 days off and people buy each other gifts. Angèle's school bought every teacher a very popular gift set of Spam. Yes, Spam. When she first saw the gift set, Angèle thought it must be really good but thought she would wait to be home with me before opening it so we could share the surprise. Imagine our dumbfounded look when we opened it and found 10 cans of Spam!

I alone have been eating it and it's not that bad when it's fried. So far my favorite dish has been Spambled Eggs as you can see in this picture. Not Bad. The gift set came with a pamphlet that gives you ideas of what you can make with your Spam and our favorite one was Spam-uffins. Doesn't that sound appetizing? Picture a little muffin with Spam chunks in it. Angèle refuses to eat anything that comes out of a can smelling like wet dog food so it looks like I'm on my own with the Spam.

No comments: